Pressure in the back of my head & eye pain for 9 weeks

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi, ive been suffering with pressure headaches in the back of my head on the right side for 9 weeks plus i have pain behind my eyes mostly my right eye and been getting weakness in my arms and legs thats not permanent the headaches are, they are present from the moment i wake, im getting really worried now

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

i have had pressure headaches for over a month. it is in both of my temples and forehead. i am waiting for a referreal for a Ct scan. i also have it the moment i wake up

• Posted

is it constant all day? and are you in the uk? ive been a few times yo the dr and there not to helpful

• Posted

Have you had you eyes checked recently? If not, get it done and explain your symptoms.

• Posted

yes ive had my eyes checked a few weeks ago the only thing they could not do was use that liquid to dilate my pupils as i was driving .

• Posted

no neck pain just back of my head and eye pain really bad sometimes too

• Posted

Hi Chris, this sounds very much like cluster headaches .... my husband has been suffering with these for 12 years. He feels a band of pressure tightening around his temple but the pain is only on the right side and he gets what we call "attacks" where he experiences excrutiating pain in his eye, feels like someone is trying to pull his eyeball out or stick a red hot poker in it. He can look like he is having a stroke as one side of his face can drop a bit and his right eye weeps.

I really hope for your sake that it isnt this but I would urge you to look it up and if you think it is that get straight to the doctors to and tell them what you think it is as you will need some good pain management put in place.

After 12 years of suffering he finally got seen by a neurologist at the beginning of this year and he confirmed this is what it is.

Really hope that you get the help you need.

• Posted

hi and im sorry to hear your husband has suffered for all these years and hope that the neurologist can help, mine is right at the back of my head and i get dizziness and weak limbs too its more tension than cluster according to the dr the pain in my eye and head is constantly there all day but the pain is not as bad as a migraine so i can cope im just worried about these symptons .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.