pressure on bladder? with DD?

Posted , 10 users are following.

Back on Anti's  pain seems to be settling but the pressure or the feeling of urgency in my bladder is back.  I tend to get this with a flare up,  but this time its not leaving.  ER dr. checked my urine and all is good.  Is it just the pressure/tenderness of the bowel that could be causing this?  thanks

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

I’ve had pressure on my bladder ever since my first flare in December of last year.
  • Posted

My former doctor said the inflamation could stop me from emptying my bladder poperly so I would imagine it could do what you are describing. I hope you feel better soon.
  • Posted

so it must be related to Div.   I was hoping it would clear while I'm on antibiotics..... lets hope, thanks for your replies

• Posted

This is somewhat what drove me to surgery. There was a time period where when I urinated, my lower left pierced in pain. So it wasn't just pressure for me. At that point I said enough is enough..Scheduled surgery. I have lots of side effects and damage though, surgery isn't for everyone, but for those new to the disease don't make my mistakes and do your best to manage it wel!

• Posted

Same here Jenny. I felt lousy and had bladder issues. When the surgeon operated I had an abscess and also inflammatory material, called a phlegmon, I think, stuck to something. Causing my bladder issues. 
  • Posted

oh my,  at least I dont have bad pain with I urinate, but pressure is hard to deal with when you work physically hard.  Although since my last attack I havent been able to work.  15 years ago I had same bad pain, and back then they figured it was gyne. trouble which maybe part of it was,  but that had settled for years, and now I'm back to this again.  

Jenny, I'll do my best to keep this undercontrol and not have surgery.   I've lost enough body parts  lol

thanks for all your support smile

• Posted

Elaine I'm sure it will settle. Bladder issues are common with diverticulitis. 

• Posted

Yes that has happened to me too!  I thought I had a  UTI.  The bowel is inflam d  and  it does happen until things start to quiet.  Try to relax and maybe use a heating pad in the area. It definitely helps.
  • Posted

Yes I get bladder urgency every time - it’s my most distressing symptom. I’ve found that a few days of a liquid diet really helps, as it minimises the amount of bowel movements coming through and seems to settle my bladder. When I’m not in a flare I try to eat plenty of green vegetables as that seems to keep things moving without adding too much bulk. 
  • Posted

Hi All,

I am a 55 year old man with the same issues. Actually my bladder acts as my early warning system that a flare is on its way. I agree with others that the frequency and urgency subsides as the inflammation subsides however it never goes back to pre DD level. When having a flare the bladder pain from a full bladder actually surpasses the pain from my colon and I can not hold on at all. Seeing my dr next week and will bring this up again. Goodluck to us all and thank you all for being here and talking about this life changing disease. 

• Posted

Thanks for all the support.  And like a lot of you said it will settle when inflammation settles.   Just about done my antibiotics and today finally I felt better  smile
  • Posted

I guess I spoke too soon sad   I had 24 hours of felling alive again, but was done my antibiotics, and today, the bowel gurgling and bladder pressure are returning.....  I’m so afraid the pain is back ..... is this normal to have it return so quickly after finishing anti’s

Feeling rather down,   

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.