Pressure on top of head with Sinusitis

Posted , 4 users are following.

HELLO,

I have suffered with feeling ill, dizzy, brain fog and pressure in face and head since January. i feel increasingly stressed out about being ill for so long and its starting to make me feel like i am going mad. I'm not the kind of person that gets ill, always had colds and they shift quickly. fit and well up until now.

The DR diagnosed sinusitis and gave me a week course of Amoxycillin. symptoms eased towards tje end of the course but a week later theyre as bad as they were. I have pressure in my head when i breathe in, pressure on top of my head when I swallow and also pain all over my head (round the back of head particularly) when i lay down or lean my head on anything. THESE symptoms are so worrying - Ive never suffered headaches before so ive been feeling so anxious about the constant pressure. PLEASE can anybody tell me that this is 'normal' for SINUSITIS?

I have general malaise, on and off dizziness and forgetfulness, ringing in my ears, crackly ears and craxkly sensation round bridge of nose.

IVE had dull blood count, thyroid check, kidney funtion blood tests done but wont get follow up appointment til Monday.

I feel like I am going CrAzY

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I have it all too. Same a week antibiotic, no change dr says see Ent, i did but medicine made my pressure go up badly, i have high blood pressure so decongestant is a no no, did musinex, Flonase Allegra still

suffering . the ent gave steroids which made my blood pressure go up maybe we need more antibiotics

• Posted

get some antiacids,

i had exact same symptoms as you and no clue what to do for about a year and no i didnt have heartburn etc.

get a prescription try for 1/2 months. If its not that then god knows.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.