Pressure pain after vasectomy

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, I had a non-scalpel vasectomy 9 days ago. For the first 2 days the pain was minimal, by the morning of the third I felt almost 100% so I joined my family at a birthday party. Upon arriving I found standing was painful, so I returned home to lay down again. A week on and I have lumps behind my testicles and pain when standing. There is also a pressure pain in my lower abdomen. I went to the doctor 4 days ago who felt a small lump above my left testicle and said he thought it was a haematoma and it would pass in a week or so, I've been back today because the pain hasn't subsided and the pumps begins the testicles are painful. The doctor today said he thinks the pumps are a build up of sperm, and though they may last a year, the pain should subside in a week or two. My question is this: would masturbation help at all? Tbh it feels like an orgasm might hurt, but would it relieve pressure? I've been told to take ibuprofen through the day and lay up much as possible. Any advice would be great.

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Another development today, I woke up to find a boil like swelling on the entry wound on the problematic left side, it was aching and burst under light persuasion. Pus came out freely for a few minutes so I called the urologist who booked me an appointment to have a dressing applied. I went this afternoon and she took a swab and have me some gauze to soak up. She wondered whether the lump was a haematoma or an abscess, and told me to maintain light mobility and take hot baths, both of which I've been told to avoid by the urologist. I've tried to call him and I'm expecting a call back from him. I'm very confused and worried now, the treatment for an abscess seems to be draining it which sounds unpleasant and dangerous. I'm quickly losing faith in the medical assistance I'm getting.

• Posted

Ouch, sorry its taken a turn down again mate.

Both are right, sadly, which means you are caught fully in middle. Hot baths / mobility great for helping drain cyst/abcess but not so great for haematoma....so if haema still present then uroligist is correct but if it is abcess etc then advice today today was also correct.

It is painfully possible to have abcess and haema

Sadly with surgery in the groin area these are known risks that go with it and you'll just have to give this chamce to ease in time. Not helped at all byhaving two possible conditions with polar opposite requirements for treatment.

Keep chin up mate, this will pass ok, might not seem like it but it will and at prsent nothing to be overly worried about

• Posted

3 months on and I thought I'd post an update for anyone who might be trying to find help with similar problems. The infection cleared after a course of antibiotics, and there was no sign of any haematoma afterwards. Once it started to drain things cleared up quite quickly and the pain went. I returned to work about 10 days after the that and things have been much better. I did discover a lump last week which seemed to be close to the epididymis on the opposite side, the doctor said it is most likely a sperm granuloma but referred me for a scan to be sure, I'll be going for that in the next few weeks. The worst part of the whole affair was the worry, the pain wasn't so bad and the boredom of being stuck in bed was manageable but it was hard to remain positive after trying to get advice online. I'd say to anyone in a similar position, try to stay positive, I think these things are more common than you might expect. Don't assume worst case scenario. Thanks for your support!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.