Pressure sensation in front teeth after fillings/restoration

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had two cavities at the back of each of my front teeth, as well as a large chip on one (my tooth was half the size it should be near enough) 

My dentist filled both cavities and fixed my broken tooth using composite a couple of days ago, and ever since whenever I move my mouth in a certain way (like if I bring my lips together to whistle, or rub my lips together as you would when putting lipstick on), I've felt this odd pressure, almost like my teeth aren't completely secure in their sockets and are being moved ever so slightly. They don't move as far as I can tell, but they feel somehow 'wrong' in my mouth. It's making it difficult for me to eat as 1) it feels like there's something in my mouth that shouldn't be there when I chew, and 2) I'm worried that if I bite on something the wrong way with my front teeth, that they'll snap off.

I've also noticed sensitivity to hot and cold and occasionally, when I bite on something in just the right way, I get a small sharp pain in the tooth that was chipped.

The sensation is honestly making me nervous because they really do feel like if I were to push on them with my tongue with any moderate degree of strength, that they'd pop right out.

Is this normal? What could be causing this sensation?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I think you may have the start of Peridentitis, look to see if you have a little pocket round those teeth, if so I suggest seeing a hygenesit. You don't say that you have any other problems, are you ever feeing run down or tired even first thing in the morning, is your mouth very dry. If so speak to your dentist. Make sure your using a toothpaste for sensitive teeth, brush your mouth with a soft bristle brush, if there is any movement then explain this to your dentist 
    • Posted

Thanks for the comment and advice. I've booked an appointment with my dentist for tomorrow so I'll tell him everything I've mentioned here and mention peridentitis to him.

Is peridentitis fixable? With it being my front teeth, I'm terrified of losing them (I'm only 26!).

• Posted

Yes of course it's fixable, it will help to ensure you don't lose the tooth. However if, you are only 26 with this problem I must ask you a silly question. Are you by any chance double jointed? Can you or were you able to bend your fingers back, do the slits, do the crab? If so please come back to me! 
    • Posted

That's a relief to hear it can be fixed! And I'm not double jointed, no. I tried for years in fact to learn how to do the slits as a child but never managed, haha. Why do you ask? Is there a link between double-jointedness and teeth problems?
    • Posted

Yes there can be I am double jointed but I couldn't do the splits either but my hands are Hypermobile and so were my knees and feet. A very simple way is to look up the Beighton Scale. If you can still do those things and are under 50 you are Hypermobile. So at 26 just look at the Beighton scale if you can't then it's the hygienist you need certainly!
    • Posted

Great, she's not hyper mobile, what does that have to do with her teeth?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.