pressure under my ribs

Posted , 4 users are following.

Im 15 years old i was born with some heart defect that causes me to have chronic heart burn and acid reflexes,(i've tried to find and read stuff about this issue and they've all talked about acid reflexes!) if i press under my left rib i can feel movement almost like a clicking feeling, it doesn't hurt at all, ever. but it feels like an intense amount of pressure. and it does seem to make my stomach growl after i mess with it. i cant find anything about this and no i have not gone to the doctors yet. i plan on it but id like to try and see if i can find something on it first. please help me! thank you.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Hannah,

How do you know you had heart defect? Did you know this genuinely through a doctor/hospital ( ie. a valid source of information ) , or did you just assume and came to the conclusion by yourself, because of the problem you are facing?

• Posted

when i was younger id complain about chest pain and the doctors told my mother that i had some deformation that would always cause me to be senstive to heart burn.

• Posted

Does heart burn occurs only after having food or in the morning just after waking up? Or does it occur even when the stomach is empty?

You should check your food habits ( prevent junk food ), life style ( sleeping irregularly, eating food at irregular time ) , and sitting postures ( putting pressure on belly while talking on phone, or watching tv for hours, or sitting in any wrong position ).

The symptoms you have listed look more like stomach issue, and are very common in the situations listed above. Irregular lifestyle, improper food habits , sleeping and sitting habits.

• Posted

Your best bet is to seek professional medical advice and treatment first. Then join this group of comments.

• Posted

Have you tried things like milk or antacids for your heartburn? However, you should see your doctor to find out information on your problem. Your doctor will be able help you much more than researching online.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.