pretty sure I'm dying

Posted , 8 users are following.

It's 6 am as I type this. I have been trying to sleep since midnight. over the past 8 months my sleep has gradually declined, due to a strange disease, to literally nothing. tonight, my brain has decided to shut off completely. I'm no longer even drifting in and out of REM sleep, which for the past 2 weeks was all I was getting.

I started suffering brain  shocks/stomach flutters upon drifting off a while back, which led to my sleeplessness. pills worked for a while, but lost their effectiveness. I suffer from dysautonomia as a result, with my pulse rate and blood pressure skyrocketing since i've had this problem. I literally cannot think of what I was going to type next. I am so afraid. this problem is not transient-- my brain and nervous system have gone haywire, and I fear there's no going back.

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have the worst anxiety and I'm being treated for it .

I think my horrible fragmented sleep was indeed caused by my anxiety . If I fall asleep I enter this half wake/sleep state and remember every vivid dream and keep waking up every 1-2 hrs. I also have jerks or spasms that affect me at night .

Alcohol work has a sedative effect that's why I put you to sleep.

Have you don't a sleep study or any other tests to confirm there's something else going on?

No sleeping pills were putting me to sleep until they prescribe me Ativan which I am taking few days out of the week. My psychiatrist also wants to refer me to a sleep study for sleep apnea and wants my md to run other tests since I just got over a horrible viral infection.

It sounds like you might have anxiety induced insomnia. I thought I had insomnia that kills you now I realize it's been a month and what other problems do I have ??? I'm sure I would see more than just crappy sleep by now . So I decided to also get a sleep therapist to try to beat this insomnia . I know I need to break this viscious cycle by not feeding and reinforcing it with negative thoughts

dont get me wrong I fear not getting into deep sleep but many have told me I might be in a hyper arouse state that's not allowing me to enter deep sleep due to high levels of anxiety .

I hope they're right because I'm tired of insomnia . Trust me you're not alone ever since I been sleeping like crap my memory has also taken a hit sad

• Posted

Please consider trying guided meditation and hypnosis.  I particularly like using hypnosis to get me relaxed and ready to sleep.  I suffer from insomnia and sometimes hypnosis will put me directly to sleep, even when I think it's not possible.  Check out youtube.. it's worth a shot!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.