Prevent Alzheimer's

Posted , 4 users are following.

My grandfather and father both have had alzheimer's disease, their life was a big mess and the people around them have had to take a lot of misery.

I'm over fifty and started getting worried in case the disease is in my blood, for this reason I've started a special diet to prevent of the disease and try to escape from it or at least delay it.

My special diet as under:

Cerials & mixtures of dried fruit+Daily walnut intake for breakfast

Mixture of fruits only for lunch

One meal + veg before 8pm

No fizzy drinks, no alcohol, no smoking, coffee no sugar, herbal teas+ spoon of pure honey.

No snaking, no cakes no suits.

I also take the following daily vitamins supplements:

Omega3

Vitamin D

B12

What do you think? Is this okay ? Am I missing anything?

Thanks for your time and advice

Saadi

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I would add curcumin which is good for brain health. This was a recommendation by several doctors who study brains. Diet is very restrictive. Why not just switch to a plant based diet? Add in coconut oil, blueberries also and be sure to eat all organic. I was told I have white brain matter disease and could possibly get Alzheimers or dementia. That was 6 years ago and no signs at all. Do as much research on it as you can! Best of luck!

Diane

• Posted

Thanks Diane, I didn't know about the benefits of Curcumin until you mentioned it, I will definitely start talking it.

For your information, I also take pomegranate juice; which is apparently essential in boosting brain functions.

All the best

• Posted

They say exercising your brain helps with things like Soduko and crosswords, also learning a foreign language.

• Posted

if you dont want any sugar then maybe dont have any pure honey -its full of sugar

• Posted

Honey is sweeter than sugar, so a lesser amount of honey can be used to replace granulated sugar we usually take. After all the sugar is the source of the energy that our body needs to function.

• Posted

I only eat things that are sugar free or very low sugar

I had to make this choice because for some reason I got very greedy with some of my favourite sweets I saw in tesco & also bought some chocolate (god knows why I hate chocolate & "when I went for my usual MOT My sugar levels went sky high &" nearly ended up with type 2diabetes. & by eating sugar free & low sugar food I managed to reverse it in time

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.