preventing ovarian cyst from becoming tumour (with a family history of having that problem)

Posted , 2 users are following.

Personal information:        Age: 22+ years, sex: female, weight: 58kgs, Height-5ft 3inches.

10 years back…Since I first started having my period; I have been experiencing excruciating pain in my lower abdomen. So I did USG a number of times in these recent years. 4 years back the report said I had multiple follicular cysts. Yesterday I again did another USG which is showing that I have physiological cysts in both the ovaries measuring 0.5 to 1.0 cm in dimension.

So now my questions are:

1.  I have a consistent family history of ovarian cyst’s becoming tumour. So what can I do to stop a cyst from becoming tumour? How can I know beforehand that a particular cyst is turning into a tumour? If I can keep a track of the cysts, then how frequently should I get an USG done to detect it before it can cause any danger?

2. I have tried yoga and various other ways to reduce the severe menstruation cramps (persists for 2 to 3 days) and severe blood flow (persists for 4 to 5 days) but without any result. Sometimes the pain and blood flow become so intense that I have fainted a couple of times.  (2012 may, 2014 October, 2015 may ) .

So is there any other way of reducing the pain without surgery?  I usually take` Maftal-s’ tablet when the pain becomes too much to bear.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Have you tried any alternative therapies or herbs? You could try milk thistle to detox yo
    • Posted

nop i havent tried that rolleyes  will surely give it a try..thanx for the help smile
  • Posted

milk thistle to detox you liver and balance your hormones and Agnus cactus which also balances the hormones. I have been taking milk thistle for the last month and it's helped my large cyst to partially rupture. A hormone imbalance and ovarian cysts are usually a sign of High estrogen levels and these herbs can help. Good luck xx
    • Posted

nop i havent tried that  rolleyes   will surely give it a try..thanx for the help  smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.