Preventing PVFS from developing into CFS?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all,

My name's Jesse, I'm 30 years old, and I live in California. This is my first time posting, but I've read many of your stories.

I own a business, work hard, and am generally in good health. In November this year I did two intense trade shows where I was on my feet 7-8 hours a day for weeks. At the end of the month I felt very tired and developed what I thought was a bad flu. Symptoms were fever, chills, body aches, sore throat, and congestion.

After about a week I felt the symptoms lifting, and thinking I was almost well, went back to work. That day I had scary heart palpitations, dizziness, and trouble breathing, and took an ambulance to the ER. At the ER they did a bunch of tests and x-rays and everything was normal.

Since then all the flu-like symptoms have lifted (except for a mild sore throat at night / early morning). However I find myself very tired after small exertion (doctors visits, showering, etc). There is also dizziness and a lot of anxiety.

It's been almost 3 weeks now since I first got sick, and I think I likely have Post Viral Fatigue. I'm worried it will progress into CFS as I haven't really seen improvement since the flu-like symptoms lifted. Does anyone have any tips on building back to a full recovery and preventing CFS?

Thanks in advance!!

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

That's a tough one because we all have so many symptoms and some of these differ between people. But some good anti-virals are Grapefruit Seed Extract, Myrrh tincture, and Chapparal leaf tincture for the epstein barr virus.

I say tinctures because capsules often contain addatives that aren't good for us. 

All the best with it!

• Posted

Fifteen years ago, I was in a situation very similar to yours. (By the way, I live in Los Angeles.) I got a flu, was almost well, and went back to work before fully recovered. (I was only stressed out because of another medical condition.) I got to work and became so ill I thought I was dying. I almost collapsed right then and there. I was able to get myself home. The mistake I made was, as I began to feel better, I pushed myself and went on a trip. I became extremely ill all over over--even worse than before. So the best advice I can give you is to take it very easy, pace yourself, and stay within your energy envelope. If you go outside that envelope, you may be lessening your chances for a recovery. Also, de-stress in whatever way you can, because stress can greatly exacerbate this illness. There's currently no magic pill, no cure for ME/CFS. But you can get better, and right now, you want to maximize your chances for doing so. There's a big window for recovery from this illness in the first 3 years. 

• Posted

In sentence 3, make that "was ALSO stressed out..."

• Posted

Thank you Georgia for your recommendations and Jackie for your story and guidance. I definitely plan on destressing over the holidays.

I've been doing research today and plan on getting some rhodiola tomorrow to help with anxiety, immune system, and energy levels.

Has anyone had any experience with this supplement?

• Posted

Yes! I've been taking it for months for the Epstein Barr virus. In fact I'm taking several things for that seeing as it's been related to ME, and actually found in some ME sufferers through tests.

The other things I'm taking for it are L-Lysine in 100% pure powder form (if you want to know where I get it message me. Also the Epstein Barr homeopathic remedy. Well I've taken it a few times and both times I got very strong reactions, which I think shows that I have it and that I need to tackle it with the other things and reduce it before I can handle that remedy.

If you take Chapparal leaf it's very important to use a vitamin C transdermal spray with it to protect your liver. In fact that'd be a very good idea for you to do anyway.

Actually I'll message you. razz

• Posted

Hi!  Some of the symptoms that you mentioned made me think that your adrenal gland is stressed.  You might want to consider taking an adrenal support supplement.  I take one that I ordered online.  Easy to find them.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.