Prevention of uti

Posted , 5 users are following.

I get my first uti 2 monthes after being sexually active. The worst feeling ever. I didnt know what it was I had no clue that sexual intercourse could be harmful to your urinary system. I cured it with antibiotics, then next month, exactly at the same day , i got another. I thought it might be for Oral contraceptive so I quit and changed to condomds and withdrawal. Then I was free of uti till some monthes later after a not healthy sex . I got another. Then I considered myself a prone to uti person. I started all the hygiene tricks and probiotic. In the city that I live , I have no access to D-mannose. I am certain about the oxalate in cranbarry that's why I quit on it too and I replaced it with baking soda which I hate the taste. I feel desperate you know. Uti is not something you become aware of in movies medias or books. You just watch lots of careless people having sex and no side effect. I am in a commited relationship and it is so important to me to stay out of this s**t. As it is to you guys I know. I want to enjoy my relationship while I'm still. I want to get the fear out of my mind. What is this? Where does the bacteria come to our body? If I'm healthy and clean, and he's too, where does the bacteria come from? Isn't it a logical and mathematical formula that if you stay clean, then there should be no bacteria??? Is it a situation for allll the woomeeenn out there? I don't have kidney or bladder problems I did the screening. And its just intercourse. Not even masturbation. Even if my masterbation was not always clean, I didn't get one. But since I m in a commitet relation and I start having sex it hits me. Not fair. Any help there? Is there an antibiotic topical ointment to use after each sex to avoid infection? Will this help? Like zinc oxide, tetracycline, Betadine or etc?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I know exactly how you feel . You and your partner did nothing wrong . There are a few things you can do for prevention . Always wipe front to back when on the toilet to prevent bacteria from getting from your anus to your urethra . Pee after intercourse to flush out any bacteria that may have been transferred during sex . Stay well hydrated . 

Try to get D Mannose , it really is the ultimate supplement for prevention . You can buy it on Amazon .

• Posted

Thanks for your consideration. I try to stick to all the hygiene and dietary tricks regularly. I try my best to find D mannose . I will post the failure or the success of my actions. Are you sure they gonna stop forever by taking care of the hygiene and taking the supplements? Like forever?
    • Posted

There's not always a guarantee.  I took D mannose. It worked. But you have to be clear of the infection. It doesn't take the infection away.

• Posted

I can’t see anything that says it’s unsuitable for old people. My mother is 85 and suffers from recurring UTIs. The doctor hasn’t heard of it but they don’t know herbal remedies. I’ve ordered her some anyway.
    • Posted

I bought cranberry powder and vitamin C ,1000 mg, and probiotics to help clear the infection. I am also taking cipro. I have decided to take all these supplements 3 times a week during weeks that I am sexually active which means 3 weeks in a month smile . I haven't had a culture test since the symptoms were so clear that's why I don't know what kind of microorganism is causing it, I don't know if it's the same thing infecting me or always a new one comes. But I will put the blame on E.coli as I have no viral infecfion or yeast or funga. It is either my natural E,coli or my partner's😐

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.