Previous total hysterectomy, coming up soon oopherectomy

Posted , 6 users are following.

Ok so I am.unable to find info Or advice anywhere. I previously had a total hysterectomy for pain, bleeding, and some endometriosis in August of 2016. Things were going well until a few months later i started having monthly or bimonthly hemmoragic or bleeding endometriomas cysts in both ovaries. After a year of this and 7hours in the er this past new years eve we are moving forward with a bilateral oopherectomy like soon within a few weeks. I was trying to keep the ovaries originally because I have pretty bad arthritis everywhere and high risk of heart disease in my family. Anyway with the exception of one endo surgery where a chocolate cyst was removed from my abdominal wall and 1 c-section all of my other abdominal surgeries have been vaginal or laparoscopic. This one will be open through my c-section scar. For some reason I am way more anxious. Even the smallest comment or advice would help me so much. I tried another group first and it didn't work well. Thanks. Sorry for the long Intro. Also I am 36years ok with an 8year old daughter.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

You seem to have had more than your fair share of ailments, no wonder you’re worried. My daughter needed two caesareans for her babies. The reason they go through the same area is that it’s the best. There is scarring there from the previous section so the op takes longer, and she found post op more painful - so take the pain killers - but she healed far more quickly. Good luck and don’t be scared. They know what they’re doing.  Also you could have localised low dosage HRT - if you go down that route ask for vaginal tablets rather than pessaries, much easier to use. You’re not alone in your worries, we’ve all been there. Hugs 😄

• Posted

Thank you so much. That eases my mind some. They gave me some vaginal tablets after my total hysterectomy in 2016 when they took the uterus and cervix. I'm just thinking it will be more painful at the site but less pain overall since they are taking less out. I really overanalyze! 🙄😗?

• Posted

Hi Heather can I ask how did you know he ovaries were bleeding? X
    • Posted

It was.not the ovaries themselves really that I know of but the hemmoragic cysts are not like normal follicular cysts, I know I'm messing up spelling and this is all just town understand it, but when I was in where pain the fort time they had me to to the er and they found it on Ultra sound and ct. We are in US so I know it's easier to get the scans quicker. But they will go away and then come back.?

• Posted

Sorry to hear you’re going through this. I guess you had pain then a scan to confirm this? Sa nowhere for blood to come out I guess. I worry about things happening later too. I’m 8 mths post partial hyst. I have my cervix and ovaries. I’m not worried about your spelling ♥️♥️
    • Posted

Thanks. It usually just dissipates. And your body reabsorbses is what my understanding was. In my case it is that I keep getting hemmoragic endometriomas cysts in my ovaries so they are what's causing the bleeding and pain. Before that i was not having any problems for a few months after the partial or total. So dont worry. The theory is it's the endometriosis just being weird for me. Good luck!!!! I still don't regret the first part. And would have made the same decision to try and keep them. ?

• Posted

You have had one c-section. The recovery is similar to that.  You will struggle to get up and down for about a day, then it will get easier to take care of yourself.  The bloating and swelling was more uncomfortable than my incisions, in my opinion.  It sounds like your daily life is miserable with all of the bleeding.  It will all work out!  Good luck. 
    • Posted

Thank you. Yes I was thinking it was probably going to be similar with the up and down because I remember that being the toughest part. At the time at home I had a low bed and I'm almost 6feet so I was missing those tall.hospital beds. Now I have a tall bed and tall chair so that will be a huge help I'm sure. The bleeding cysts are defiantly so painful I'm tryin to use that to look forward and onto better days after it's all over!!!!! ?

• Posted

Hi Hheather , I too am going to have a bilateral  salapingo oopherectomy as well as a hysterectomy and i was concerned about my bones as my mother had osteoporosis and  had to take a calcium treatment and it is said  when you have overlies removed it can affect your bones so I may mention my concern before surgery to my consultant and you could do the same regarding heart conditions in your family . Hope you go on ok please let me know how you go on xx
    • Posted

I have mentioned. Many times with many different doctors. I have a bit if a complicated history as is. I had the total hysto and kept the ovaries with the plan to revist in 10years or so as far as the ovaries. I myself have had osteoarthritis since my teens. I've already had a neck cervical spine fusion due to degenerative disc disease a.k.a arthritis. So it's not been an easy decision. I am t thankful for my doctors and very thankful for all you answering and I wish you all the very best???

• Posted

Hi Hheather, wow!!you have certainly been through some tough things medically and I can imagine the decision was not easy for you so I pray that  you will have a speedy recovery  and , please keep in touch as I will with you on this forum which I am finding so helpful at this time  so all the best .xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.