Prevnar 13

Posted , 8 users are following.

has anybody taken the pneumonia shot Prevnar 13?  Also what's everybody's opinion, should you take it or not

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I've had a pneumonia shot, don't know what one tho, but no side effects at all, deff worth it

• Posted

I took both pneumonia shots with no problem although I was not on a medication for RA or crohns at that time.   Check with your doctor to be sure.   I also took flu shot while on methotrexate
  • Posted

Hi

I have had the pneumonia shot just 3 weeks ago previous to that in 2003

Never had a problem or side effects the injection site ( upper

arm) is sore for about 4/5 days

I had the flu jab done at the same time

• Posted

I had my pneumonia shot 4 years ago and long-term I was fine but my arm came up in a large " egg" lump. It looked like an egg under my skin.

I was fine within a few hours. I think anyone with a compromised immune system should get the shot. Consequences of getting pneumonia far outweigh the side effects of the shot.

• Posted

I am a patient of National Jewish Health in Denver, Colorado USA. the #1 respiratory hospital in the world...

Yes, I have had the Prevnar-13 injection....once in a lifetime (for most people)

Six months later I had a booster because my antibodies were very low because I am on Rituximab infusions

I also take the regular pneumonia vaccine every five years.

kind regards,

judith

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.