Price of Clobetosol

Posted , 4 users are following.

My rx for clobetosol has gone from mid to high twenties to over $80!  Anybody know of any ways to reduce the cost?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Where do you live? 

Overall prices of medications keep going up - like my HRT for example.  But I won't know about Clobetasol at present because a tube lasts a very, very long time.  In fact - so long that I wonder: Does this stuff have an expiry date? 

• Posted

Hi Hanny, you are only supposed to keep it for 6 months once it is open, but I think as long as it does the job I wouldn't worry too much.

• Posted

Hi Hanny, 

not sure if you are in USA but here the expiration date is on the bottom of the tube. Right on the seam on the bottom. I think it lasts about a year, but check the expiration date cause I'm not sure.

• Posted

Dear Ginger,

that is terrible! These drug companies have us at their mercy. I am not sure if you are in the USA but if you are, or maybe even if you aren't, have you tried to contact the manufacturer of the clobetasol? I know some of the drug companies in USA advertise that if you can't afford their drug to contact them and they may be able to help. I have never done that as I am blessed to have good insurance, but it may be worth a try for you. I can't believe they went up that much and it makes you wonder why it did. Good luck. Please let me know how you make out. Just thought of something else, maybe whom ever you go to for LS.check up may have samples they can give you. 

• Posted

Hey, Ginger again.  I'm from Mississippi (someone asked).  Just a little tip.  I went on a cruise and bought a tube of clobetasol for $15 somewhere in the Caribbean.  Never heard if anyone one else was noticing higher prices.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.