Pricking pains

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi ladies,

Hope you are well.

I had my hysterectomy in March, still not back at work after having lots of pain in abdomen. Been to see consultant on a few occasions since. She's quite dismissive of the pain.

I have got new pains now lower abdomen pricking/ shooting pains above my scar.

I am on gabapentin now which has not started working yet

Has anyone else had experience of this?!

Thanks Donna

1 like, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi Donna

I am having the racy same symtoms, I had my TAH BSO in July my left side is worse than right, I have also been back to consultant on a number of occasions as well he keeps saying the op went well? he now believes it's adhesions causing the pain, I go back on the 23rd November to see where we go, it is very frustrating because you think it's all over but just as bad as before x I hope we get some answers x I am also off work xx

• Posted

Hi Nicola,

My consultant thought I had adhesions too but ruled them out as had ct scan and ultrasound scan which didn't show any adhesions.

GP has asked for a further appt from consultant but this is in late January

Hope you are sorted soon. Let me know

Donna

• Posted

Hi Donna

I was advised that adhesions do not show on scans they have to go in to investigate if the symtoms persist. I will let you know what my consultant says going forward xxx

• Posted

I've read that too. I'm going to mention this when I go as symptoms do fit adhesions!

Please do keep me informed.

It's good to know you are not on your own all be it not in a good way

Donna X

• Posted

Oh sorry

I also have the urgency to pee? No warning had a few accidents I am 44 and don't like the thought of being Incontinent x unsure if you are having this xxx

• Posted

I have had a few near misses myself too Nicola.

A killer when I have a cough or cold 😔

Xx

• Posted

hi

When you say pains do you mean debilitating unable to move type pain or more just a bit annoying pain, its just that i have had lots of prickling and pins and needles and stabbing pains and whether i be right or wrong i have just put them down to healing and the area coming back to life where nerves were cut through.

Mine were more ooh that hurts a bit but then just live with it, wondering now whether i should mention them to anyone

• Posted

I mean the type that can stop you in your tracks!

Not debilitating but still painful enough to make you uncomfortable and take painkillers. Not that they do much!

Donna x

• Posted

Hiya

Yes they are the pain that stop and you think god that hurt and yeah the painkillers don't even shift it x I actually take tramadol in a night to help me sleep but again not that good x I would definitely discuss adhesions with your consultants I am not happy with my healing and because had 3 infections and antibiotics not sure if added to everything xxx good luck girls keep in touch xxx Nic

• Posted

Hi. I had a TAH and BSO 19th January and suffered every day since. Was initially ok but suffered numerous infections,a feeling of pressure bearing down continually,a really swollen belly and pain on moving,even walking was an effort. Went back to doctors too many times to mention. She referred me back to consultant in March asking for me to have a laparoscopy. Hospital refused saying it was muscular skeletal and would resolve in time.Well several visits to physio did nothing so then sent to gastroenterology who gave me the all clear. Eventually had scans including mri and dye,nothing showed up. Then told it could only be nerve damage so had to go to pain clinic. At this point I had complained so many times to the hospital begging them to do a laparoscopy as my doctor said this is the only well to diagnose adhesions. Thank gog I insisted as eventually saw a new consultant who agreed to do a laparoscopy last Wednesday. He was really shocked as he discovered pelvic and abdominal adhesions everywhere,including the bowel,omentum,appendix and the vaginal vault

They cleared as much as possible,which took nearly three hours. The annoying thing is the adhesions were exactly where I had said I was in pain.Although I am now looking forward to hopefully getting better and becoming mobile again,I felt it almost barbaric to have been fobbed off in so much pain for ten months. If they had listened to my GP back in March and me everytime when there was no improvement I could have been sorted out much sooner. Please if you don't feel you are recovering as expected push for this op as its the only way to get an accurate diagnosis. Sorry about the long post but just want you all to follow your gut instinct, you know your body better than anyone else. Good luck,love Sharon x

• Posted

Hi Sharon

Yes I totally agree, we all know out bodies and we know wen something is not right!! I have pestered gp too and my gynie after sending an email to my consultants secretary but thankfully they heard how sad and miserable I am I will post as soon as I hear my new surgery date and what they find.

Love to you all xxxx

• Posted

Hi, I am experiencing those pains too. I have no idea other than muscle healing could be the cause. I just hope you feel better very soon and try resting with feet up for awhile. 
  • Posted

I had terrible pulling pain like 2 cords being pulled on each side of my abdomin.  They went away and I thought after 3 yrs. everything should be totally healed.  Went to a really upswing type of workout last night and now the pulling is coming back.  I hope it doesn't get worse than it is.  Not sure what is happening and my doctor didn't think there was anything wrong when I went to see him at my 6 months checkup.   I still pee almost backwards though.
  • Posted

Morning girls

I am experiencing the same thing I had TAH BSO back in July, I had nothing but pain from the op I went back in 22nd December for him to check what is going in? Wen I woke he advised me he had taken few adhesions but I have a mass of them on my left side? He said to get rid of them he will need to go in again vertically this upset me as I have had to c-sections then above those my TAH twice through belly button for 2 different surgeries and now said needs to go back in 😩😪 x I have emailed his secretary as I do not wish to wait 6 weeks then have to wait for surgery date, I have been off work since July xx I wish it was over my right side is starting to pain and like you wen peeing it dribbles I have had many accidents I am 44 xxx I hope everyone gets the help they need

Nic

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.