Prickly pain when sweating, lasting weeks

Posted , 2 users are following.

I first noticed this as a rash on my arms, but I realized it took over my entire body: tiny little dots of raised skin, which I confused for hives at first. I also feel a prickly, itchy pain when I'm too warm or engage in physical activity. This is very limiting since it's the summer. My skin is starting to peel in some areas, possibly do to the scratching but maybe it's part of the rash.

After doing research I found out about miliaria, but it says it rarely lasts long-- in my case it's been two weeks about. It doesn't seem to be getting much better, but it is getting a little bit better. I'm on vacation right now and I'm not showering quite as much as I guess I should be which I think could be the problem. Any ideas? this is really keeping me from doing some of my favourite summer activities 😦

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Sounds like a sweat rash and prickly heat. Showering morning and night to rinse off the sweat should help, along with a pH body cleanser or dermatological body cleanser.Ordinary soap will make it worse. There are some heat rash creams like 3B available. A wet face washer kept in the freezer and applied to affected area should relieve the itching, etc for the short term instead of scratching.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.