Prickly/tingly feeling in hands

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi just looking for abit advice...so basically for the last 2 weeks I've been getting a prickly feeling in both my hands..it started off with a full body pins and needles type of itch,which eventually calmed down after a few days but since have had this prickly feeling in my hands"like something is poking me with a pin"also I've noticed waking up in the morning more often with pins and needles type of sensation in my hands and feet.I don't have any other symptom no othet limb is affected and it's only been going on for 2 weeks,so I don't know if I should ride it out or go back to my doctor..i had a blood test for blood sugar which came back normal and also for a few others which also came back normal..dont know what I should do the sensations are uncomfortable at best...any advice???

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Also this is a constant thing,I'm feeling these sensations everyday

• Posted

How long now have u been feeling tingling stuff do u feel fatigued slower then usual ? You got see neurologist asp .
    • Posted

No I do not have any fatigue or any other symptom..just the prickly feeling in my hands and fingers ,I've just read up Gillian Barrie Syndrome..i don't think I've got that the symptoms are quite severe..also with MS with what I've read thers always other stuff that's goes on...i will go back to my doctor,have an appointment on tomorrow

• Posted

Are u finding weakness walking so on no basically feeling s****y tell him test you for gbs Gillian Barrie syndrome other stuff Hun not dr but that’s how my Gillian Barrie Syndrome started follow up fast with your doctors.
  • Posted

Tell them u want to be test for gbs Gillian Barrie syndrome , Lyme and ms so on 
  • Posted

Check your vitamin b12 and do a blood test for all vitamins and electrolytes before you get involved in neurological stuff because the more I read, the more I saw that in many cases it's a deficiency or imbalance of some sort. That's what I am going to do. Get well soon!

• Posted

Awe thank you , yes I had Gillian Barrie syndrome just about year hospital was paralyzed and still having issues . I had b12 issues way before I got sick was getting needles but got better after . But need to get re tested . I am going for blood test Monday and thank you I’ll do my reasearch .

• Posted

Awe some !! I will blood work Monday. Thank u Gillian Barrie is a strange disease 1 out of 100,0000 ppl that can catch it and I ended up having it it is not a deficiency  lol it’s caused because I had a infection along with a flue shot after I got the flue shot few week after all that time my Amun system ate my nervious system literally was dying got paralyzed and life support . Not true think your getting it wrong . And there more cases these past years from it also more cases . There many like me can only go so far won’t go any further wish I could but not easy . Had to have blood transfusion plasma what does reverse it but lots of physio it’s similar to having ms strange 
    • Posted

So yea I know I had neurologist in neurology for 2/12 years so I know what my disease is about . Beginning had lots tingling my feet legs head hands inside my body I felt strange like some one was talking my body away . Till you know about it . You don’t no it’s like all other diseases you have to get good doctor . Be leave me every day two times a day for 10 days ambulances every day barley walking they said same doctor for 10 days was sad part of my life till that last day ambulance came and fell to the ground was paralyzed I don’t even remember much all that time I was in out life support my poor kids suffered watching me so I no lots about my issue . 
  • Posted

Hello so a quick update..ive had a full count blood test and everthing came back normal apart from very low vitamin D which was 13..doctor has prescribed tablets which I have to take 2 times a week also I have cod liver tablets which I'm taking daily...but I'm still wondering if this could be the cause for my symptoms which are still on going.ive asked my doctor and he said "might be"more studies are being done for this,also my B12 test was 390 but the range goes upto 710 but he said b12 levels are fine..just want to know are They?I've tries staying away from Dr Google but I've been finding myself looking up the symptoms and it's coming up as peripheral nerve problem which is scary...but it says that normal starts in the feet and can effect hands,I do sometimes get tingling in my feet but the prickly pain is predominatly in both hands...can someone plz give advice .

• Posted

I still haven't tested for vitamins but the doctor I went to prescribed me mecobalamin (which is vitamin b12 or a derivative of it I'm not sure) I took 500 mcg twice daily for 10 days and it has really improved my symptoms. It's not fully gone but these sensations barely last a few seconds and only a couple times in a day, sometimes not at all. Even the pain has reduced and became less frequent. It's not 100% gone yet though. I'm definitely not saying this is going to help you, because your case might be different than mine, and definitely consult your doctor first before taking anything. But I say continue on your vitamin D tablets and see if it helps first then consider other options. Good luck!

• Posted

Thanks for reply...did he check your B12 levels?mine came back as 392 the normal range goes upto 710...so it is within the range but defiantly low
    • Posted

No he didn't check but the leaflet says it's supposed to heal nerves from neuropathy, etc...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.