Primary Addisons Disease ignorance

Posted , 3 users are following.

I just got the realisation of how I have been fighting my diagnosis of Addisons disease for 8 years. Maybe going to a therapist that worked on massaging my adrenals didnt help,  when she told me that my adrenals were still working afer the massage I couldnt sleep till 4am even though I didnt take my evening dose I had only 10mg in the morning. So I actually thought she was right. However after 8 years I now have had a reality  check and just got an app on the front of my phone that shows who I am and everything I need in an emergency and am ordering my ID tag for my wrist, hate being labelled I have to say, but heyho i have to get used to it.First time of putting my injection kit in my bag. Wow this is big stuff for me to do. I have been so lucky after breaking my foot and illness's without double dosing luckily I was fine..I refused to believe I couldnt get better with eating right etc what a fool I was I could have killed myself I only take a low dose of Hydrocortisone of 12.5mg a day and 0.25 mcg of Fludrocortisone because of high BP. but recently started having headaches after coming down on Fludro but once I took Hydrocortisone the headache went, reality then took place. However hard it is to take on such an illness within your life and I found it very hard  and however hard you fight the diagnosis the fact is I have it and I have to get over the grief of it. My day 1 starts as an Addisonian..

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

It is a big thing to accept isn't it, but it is great that you've been able to sort things to look after yourself now. There seems to be some really good support organisations out there - I spoke to a really nice woman from pituitary uk and hope to join some support groups with others in same boat. Hope you're feeling better now you've come to accept things :-)

• Posted

Through grief, denial and acceptance that makes you one very wise person 😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.