Primary hyperparathyroidism, natural treatments?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello I've been diagnosed with hyperparathyroidism on Thursday 5th of November, I was wondering if anybody has had natural treatment for this please?

In the meantime I'm going ahead with being put on the waiting list for an operation, I have my ultrasound scan tomorrow, Tuesday the 24th of November .

It would be good to hear from those members who have used natural treatment for primary hyperparathyroidism and to find out how you are getting on now please ?

I have had "M.E. " for 19 years , I'm being treated naturally, this helps with my weight and also some of the other symptoms , however I'm still not well enough to work and need help at home etc

Feeling positive to hopefully get a good outcome eventually .

I believe the natural treatment has helped me to keep going so far .

Would be grateful for any replies . Thank you .

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Good luck with the ultra sound tomorrow, hope it shows up something for you, and at least you have been put on the waiting list for an op which is a pain, the waiting I mean.  There is no natural cure for primary hyperparathyroidism except to remove the gland/glands that have a growth on them. Come to our Facebook page and you can get more information than I am able to give.   Hyperparathyroid UK Action for Change    (assuming you are in the U.K.) if not you are still welcome and there are other support groups on FB for the U.S.

Regards

Elaine

• Posted

Hi,

Like Elaine said there is a wealth of info on the face book page, I two have chronic fatigue for the last twenty plus years, haven't cured myself as was diagnosed with hyperparathyroidism in Jan this year , so they don't know if I have had hyperparathyroidisim all along as the symptoms are very similar or weather I have both. Hoped to have found this out in July after my op, yet due to various diferent reasons the op only partly worked ( that't a story for an other day),

Back to your orginal question, like you I have managed my symptoms through out the years refusing the orthadox drugs as they make my symptoms worse, instead I have found a fantastic Natrapath she is based in Wiltshire, a DR who now useses german vager machines and liquid german homapathic remedies he is based in Dorset, high quality vitamins and minerals from, reputile companies, Meditation, E F T , got rid of geopathic stress, have a fantastic physio who does myafacia and a good chriopracter. I have used homapathic remedies to support and chase out the radiation for the nuclear and X Ray scans. when they were looking for the faulty prarathyroids.

The remedy Calcium Phosphate heleped a little bit with my Calcium Levels yet only for a short time. All the above has hellped me with the symptoms, especially with the after effects from the general anesthetic and to help heal my scar afterwards etc,

Yet it was hard to get my head around the fact that complimentry medicine can support you through this illness yet like Elaine says , unfortunatly the only cure for this lovely illness seems to be an operation which works for the majority of people and in rare cases ( I don't want to scare you because it is rare , sometimes a follow up op to find the tricky missing ones).

Sorry for wafelling on, allthough complimentry will not cure this....I found it has supported me tremondulus through this weird illness, I'm still waiting for the surgeon to do his magic again and cure me.

Please let me know how you get on and if you need any more info on complimentry contacts, then if you send me a private message I can give you names etc. It won't cure you complimentry, yet it has suported me imensly. Someone on the other site has posted a fab EFT video to help with the pain, then please ask.

The other web site is amazing, Here's to happy healing and getting some answers for you after being ill for so long,

My partner also has ME and Fibomarlgia, he has been tested for Hyperparathyroidism, yet he does not have that, JUST ME etc which unables him not to work, he has also had it for twenty years, so I know where you are comming from,rolleyes

• Posted

Hello Fluffy

I have just been diagnosed with hyperparathyroidism and was interested in the naturopath and Dr that you use to help manage the condition in Winchester / Dorset ?

• Posted

Hi Wanyana, I think Elaine & fluffy have just about said it all, the only thing I would add is keep a food diary, I have noticed certain things, mainly dairy, make me very poorly, maybe worth checking

hope your scan went ok, it's a long ole journey but hopefully it will be a good outcome for you

karen xx

• Posted

NYAna, I went to Norman Parathyroid Center in Tampa, Florida. This is the best place to have parathyroid surgery. Don't let a local ear, nose, throat guy do your surgery.  As far as natural treatment for primary hyperparathyroidism I asked Dr Norman and he said this surgery is so simple and quick there is no comparable natural treatment. He uses this device that shows him exactly where your parathyroids are and he checks all four of them and takes the bad one out. 10 minutes. 20 minutes at most. You are under general anesthesia. It is a real cure. You can wait and see, take all kinds of vitamins, and you are going to be miserable and you will wish you were dead within 10 to 15 years. Go to parathyroid.com everything is spelled out in detail there.  It IS worth it, believe me. My bones disintegrated, I was super nasty, angry, very hard to live with, my hair was falling out, I couldn't remember anything - not even simple words like tree - I had 4 stents placed in my heart because of atherosclerosis, osteoporosis, depression, acid reflux, high blood pressure, kidney stones, and more. I literally felt very old and worried about falling and breaking bones but I was only in my fifties with no history of any of this. My doctor took a lets wait and see approach and it wasn't until I researched my symptoms and found this parathyroid website and read it then went to her and said I think I have parathyroid problems and then she sent me to an endocrinologist who looked at my records and said you have primary hyperparathyroidism and you have had it for 10 to 13 years.  I am a big believer in nutritional approach to healing and preventing diseases, but I did not hesitate to fly from Minnesota to Florida and pay extra money out of my pocket for the very best surgeon.  I met so many people who were there to have them correct a bad parathyroid surgery gone wrong. Horror stories.

Do yourself a favor and go to Tampa.

• Posted

Thank you for this! I started working with Dr. Norman's office a few months ago. I'm looking forward to some relief, my symptoms started, or at least I noticed, 5 years ago when I was 42. Every doctor told me it was menopause and to just accept the change of life (have my ovaries removed, start HRT and just get over it). By chance a PA mentioned that I could have parathyroidism and that started my research. I'm so glad I didn't settle. Thanks again for the glowing recommendation about the surgery and Dr. Norman's team. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.