Primary Hyperparathyroidism & Sickness

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have recently been diagnosed as having hyperparathyroidism and I am currently on the waiting list to have two nodules removed. On reading up on the condition sickness is a symptom but for some reason my consultant wouldn't say that my continued sickness for the last 18 months is being caused by my overactive glands. I am getting desperate now so is there anyone on the Forum who is suffering /  suffered the same problem and after having the op felt human again confused ?.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi there, I have just been diagnosed too. I don't feel nausea but I do have a lot of headaches and kidney stones. I am sorry I can't be more help. 

My scans have been negative and that makes me very nervous about the op. 

Can I ask where you read about the condition ?

I wish you well

Angela. 

• Posted

Hello Angela,

Thank you for your reply and I hope you hear about your op soon. I've researched the problem online and on various sites (including patient.info) and it's a fairly simple operation once the glands have been located. Also Forums like this help as you may find someone who's going through the same thing as you.

Good luck.

Sharon 

• Posted

Thank you. Still waiting for my appointment !

Seems a slow process. 

Angela 

• Posted

Although following my post no one wrote to say they had experienced the same problem as me I am just updating this thread to say that following the removal of two parathyroid glands in October my sickness did not cease.

Thought an update might be useful for anyone experiencing the same problem. 

• Posted

Hello. I had my op too in October. I only had one gland removed. I felt tired but no sickness. By sickness; do you mean nausea? I haven't experienced that no. 

Hope you do feel better soon. 

Angela

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.