Prinzmetal angina

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm curious how many with Prinzmetal angina take l-arginine supplement and if so how much and has it helped. Also how long have you been taking it? 

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Yes I'm taking LArginine and have been for past couple years I guess it's made a difference but it's hard to tell. I think the nicorandil has been the most help, I've not had to go to hospital as often the GTN spray has helped and eased the anginacattacks
    • Posted

I am taking Isosorbide which is a slow release GTN after a recent stay in hospital the Dr started me on Nicorandil but the pains in my head and neck were unbarable not just the GTN type headache and I couldn't stand it any more so stopped taking it. I am due to see my GP tomorrow so will ask him if I did the right thing in stopping them or if indeed the pains in my head and neck were not related to this medication. I still have not had a real diagnosis yet as to wether I have Microvascular/Prinzmetal Angina  
    • Posted

could discuss taking smaller doses and building up to the required level? more or less worked for me but now only have "bearable" headaches 
    • Posted

whilst in hospital was started on 10mg morning and evening I was still getting chest pains so it was increased to 20mg morning and evening even though the Dr knew I was experiencing severe pains in my head and thoat/neck I thought I was going to burst a vessel such was the pain

• Posted

Yes it's hard to know but the medication does rake some getting used to,mi took Panadol for the headaches caused by GTN type meds for a few days till my body got used to it now I don't have any worry with that, the prinz metals seems so hard to diagnose, some doctors know little about it and are no help in managing it, I'm grateful for this forum, I feel I am not alone reading about everyone else's walk with it  best wishes Linda

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.