Prinzmetal Angina and Environment

Posted , 3 users are following.

I don't want this to come off sounding rude, but I am astounded that so many patients with the PM diagnosis continue to live in the cold weather when it is known that drastic changes in weather can cause the coronary artery to spasm. 

At least that is the information I have read and experienced. I really think that living in a more moderate environment can lessen the attacks.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Amy, you are indeed correct but sadly i lack the required £200k required to move to a better climate. The other problem is of course will the health care be as good as I am currently able to manage with. If it were possible we would move and happily so. We have to live with our corcumstances wheever we are and cope as best we can. For many of us that will not be good enough very sadly... but, cost of moving to the "best" climate environment is beyond most of our means. the stressof the move will also not be good for sufferers anyway. And finally you will need ot be moving to a location where the healthcare is understanding and able to cope with your problems correctly.

• Posted

Andrew beat me to it.

I don't think your post is rude at all Amy, but I suspect it does display an ignorance of the circumstances of "normal" folk.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.