Prism like floaters in eyes

Posted , 14 users are following.

I was diagnosed with PMR in March of this year have been on 10 mg of pred I am now down to 9 mg with symptoms well controlled this morning  I awoke with c shaped prism like floaters in my vision they disapeared after 30 min. has anyone else has this happen? I will add that I did not sleep well. 

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Carol, I don't know if you have been to the optician recently, I was told that with PMR and steroids one should go yearly. My optometrist is really knowledgable about GCA, PMR and steroids, which is great.
  • Posted

From my experience it is very important to have ones eyes checked

by an opthalmologist at least once a year.  I now have glaucoma

(don't panic I'm 87 with PMR) and use drops daily which allows me

to have blurred vision in the one eye.  I'm thankful I can still see and

caught it before I lost the sight in the one eye.  Please have eyes checked

it's very important but no reason for panic - just a preventative.

Happy days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Posted

Carol,

I have experienced the same thing one year after being dx with PMR and starting pred.  I went right to the eye doctor the day I had it.  I described it as a C shaped kaleidoscope that moved across my field of vision and was gone in  about 20 min.  The doctor said it was an Ocular Migraine.  No pain just  the vision disturbance.  Coincidently I have experienced it twice more annually, plus or minus 2wks. to the day.  Strange but having it once a year is live-able.

• Posted

Joanne I also have had it twice It is just annoying I Googled it and found that it was an Ocular Migrain probably something to do with pred.They tend to blame everthing on pred.thsnks for your reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.