Pristiq (desvenlafaxine)

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello guys. I have been with anxiety so I went to a psychiatrist and he gave me pristiq or desvenlafaxine. I search the net. It is an antidepressant. I want to know based on your experience about this drug. If this drug could also be used for antianxiety? I have very bad insomnia and it destroys my life. I'm so frustrated already and I want to try whatever is available just to get a decent sleep. Please let me know your experience on this drug and how long it would take to see the results and what should I expect for the first few weeks of taking this. Thank you very much.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi im day 2 taking prisiq 50 mg. Previous to this I was on paxil for 16 years.i was 5 weeks without anything and I just couldn't cope.i have panic attacks and depression. I was terrified to take a new antidepressant but thought I need help so I took it for the first time yesterday.. At first I felt a bit of nausea, didn't sleep much last night,woke up today feeling angry,but as the day went on I started to feel ok..I guess it takes time to start working
    • Posted

I hoped it would not affect much on insomnia as this is the reason of my anxiety. Please update me. Do you feel any memory loss or fogged memory? Thanks you and appreciated it.
    • Posted

Hi no memory loss or anything...more like a mild slight headache sensation.a dry mouth was the other thing. I think any new meds can play havoc with your sleep.it really might be worth you just giving it a go. Anything has to be better than the way your feeling right now..like I said I was terrified of trying it but the thought of living like I have been has been pure hell
    • Posted

Will the insomnia effects go away in time? Thank you for the reply.
    • Posted

Apparently it does..just takes a little time for your body to get use to them.have you tried a valium at night to help you sleep
    • Posted

Trust me I was exactly the same.but I took it anyway and I'm starting to feel better

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.