Private Blood Testing

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, I am a hypothyroid patient on levothyroxine and also a history of high cholesterol and iron deficiency anaemia. I am interested in finding out my Free T3 level and also having a check up on my iron levels, sugar levels and cholesterol. My GP will not do some of these, unfortunately, has anyone ever tried to have private blood tests done? I have seen a few providers but not sure if they are value for money. I'm not interested in postal kits, I tried that for my TSH and was completely wrong! I have seen Medicheks and Blue Horizon but have just received a discount code for a company called Werlabs. Has anyone ever gone down this route? Many thanks.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Yes I have done private tests with [link removed by moderator] based in Wimbledon, London. However I found out that my GP would have done the tests whilst reception informed me they wouldn't. 

Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398316-adding-links-to-posts

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

• Posted

Yes at the GP clinic Wimbledon.  
    • Posted

Oh really? Mine will only do an FBC, not ferritin, vitamin D or Vitamin B12 etc and I a definite no on the Free T3, just get the TSH and FT4. Did you find you got more of a choice going private? I will look up some private providers in London. just wondered if anyone had any experience but I guess you cannot post them on here. Thank you!
    • Posted

Not sure what you mean by choice. Pretty much every test I did is possible on NHS except perhaps thyroid antibodies. They do a wide variety of tests. Happy to send URL by private message if wanted. 
  • Posted

I have an offer for 20% off and includes proper blood test taken at a local GP to me. Might have to give it a go and get a good check on everything. Only £100 for 44 tests! They go to an NHS lab so I think it's not dodgy.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.