Private ENT

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am waiting further consultation (Dorset area) for Tinitus and dizzy nausea spells but the waiting list stretches to next April.i suspect it will necessitate a CT scan. Has anyone gone down this route and any idea of what it cost them would be useful? Thanks.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi i had an MRI done private and it cost me £420 that was a BMI hospital

ENT consultant found nothing so still in limbo!!

• Posted

Hi ,I'm here in Dorset to,be interested what a private dr would come up with  I to have Tinnitus ,and this balance problem for 3 straight years .Ive thought of going to Bupa dr ,to ask for help .Miserable days suffering from it ,tinnitus and balance not good combination .Think of you today  knowing you have both conditions .
    • Posted

Thanks all, it's just that there's always a possibility of something causing it which coul get worse if left. It seems to me that this condition is just related to getting old and the bits beginning to fail. Will think about it a bit more before I decide.
  • Posted

Hi,

I had an initial ENT consultation privately at a Spire hospital, as I was waiting so long on the NHS This cost me £220. The cosultant arranged for me to have urgent MRI under the NHS. I think its worth it to get everything moving quicker, as you can wait forever in the NHS.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.