Private prices for surgery?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,

I am considering going private to have my fissure dealt with, as NHS waiting time is getting too much to cope with. would anyone be willing to let me know what their cost was for going private? it would be for a LIS or Advancement flap

thank you all in advance

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

It was suggested that botox under general would be 2.5 to 3k for me. Did you have that already?

I was seriously considering paying for that until a cancellation came in and i got on on nhs last week.

• Posted

Heya, yes I have had two rounds of Botox, no improvement 😦

• Posted

I am sorry to hear that, and if I'm honest i am worried it will be the same for me. If it is really bad I can only suggest that you ask your gp to write to the consultant and as to expedite. Then ring the consultant's secretary and plead. Its worth a try. Or you can ring a group such as ramsay healthcare and they will quote over the phone.

• Posted

oh I am well known by the secretary! i have an appt 30th November, it will have been 11 months since I had the 2nd lot of botox... I know I need the manometry tests to determine whIch op I need, surgeon is not keen to do the LIS as I am female, young and pre-children (we dont want chdren but he doesnt seem to want to believe me)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.