pro D3 20000u capsules x5 in one dose.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Is it safe to take 5 pro D3 20000u, capsules in one dose every month for 3 months? Would there be any side effects?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Direction for usePro D3® 20,000 IU : Take one capsule weekly or as advised by a health practitioner

Take capsule with water after food for maximum absorption. Do not chew

Do not exceed the recommended intake

Pro D3® food supplements should not be used as an alternate or substitute for a varied diet

If you forget to take Pro D3® 20,000 IU take it as soon as you remember

Always read the product directions before use. Do not exceed recommended intake. As with all food supplements seek professional advice before using if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or suffer from food allergies and consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have an underlying medical condition or if on medication

• Posted

Hi CliveAlive, my GP has recommended that I take 100,000iu as a single dose for 3 months. I challenged the dose with a woman at the chemist's (not the pharmacist). I have looked in a bnf which was not much help. What would you recommend!?

• Posted

I'm not a medically trained person but "mathematically" speaking taking one capsule weekly in a four week month would deliver less medication than five capsules a month and the instructions include the proviso "or as advised by a health practitioner".

What did the chemist say?

I can only "recommend" that you either ask your doctor to confirm the prescription or do what you are most comfortable with if that happens to be one capsule per week.

Personally I am prescribed one 800iu capsule every day (for life) which works out to 24,000iu per month but then I'm 76 years of age and don't benefit from either food or sunshine.

I wish you well.

P.S. Do you have a problem with Vitamin B12 deficiency or Pernicious Anaemia as they are what this forum is mostly concerned with?

• Posted

Hi CliveAlive, thanks for your reply, I am going to go back to GP about dose.

I am medically trained, it is an extremely high dose to take at once. The pharmacist was not available to speak to at the time only a young lady who works in the chemist's, she is not medically trained.

Take care 😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.