PROBIOTICS

Posted , 4 users are following.

Probotics I have been taking them how many times a day do you take them I have IBS with constipation and should you take fiber 

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I have IBS C and I find plenty of fibre contained in fruit and vegetables and fruit juices help keep my bowel moving. I also find Activia probiotic yogurt is beneficial.
    • Posted

Thanks I am also a Diabetic so cant do fruit juice or yougurt to much sugar Fruit I can have in moderation
  • Posted

I would just take as directed more doesn't always mean better and make sure you take a soluble fiber and drink more water if you're going to take fiber oil constipate you more
  • Posted

There are fiber wafers and fruit will help. Fiber in bran and  sweet potatos if you get enough fiber and water you should not have to hard of time. 
  • Posted

I always wondered about fiber with my IBS..I don't get constipated,I get diarreah.So not sure about fiber in my case
    • Posted

My gastro doc said fiber help bulk up the stools but it just makes my ibs-d worse. But if you eat like bran cereal, or take a fiber tablet you'll have to work and see if it causes a flare or bulks your stool up. This disease is different for each person. 
  • Posted

Does anyone take Probiotics
  • Posted

The Doctor told me to take Fiber but I have C mostly but somtimes get D somtimes so far I havent seen any changes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.