Probiotics

Posted , 11 users are following.

Has anyone had success with probiotics to help with symptoms? If so which brand?

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

• Posted

I am using Open Nature the hospital was pretty set on this brand My daughter googled them and apparently they are not a good one Internet says go to health store and choose one formulated by doctors it will be expensive
  • Posted

Probiotics did not help me. What seems helpful however is pure, organic whole leaf aloe vera juice. One ounce per day, I take it first thing in the morning. Definitely worth trying.
  • Posted

The day of my first attack when I picked up my antibiotics at the pharmacy the pharmacist suggested I get Cultrelle extra strength probiotics 20 billion cultures to take with the antibiotics.  I think it really has helped.  I ran out of it and did not have it for a few days and realized I did need to take it every day.  She said that was a very good brand.  I now take it every day. Good luck to you.
    • Posted

I would like to take these but as i am on warfarin i am told i cannot, is this true
    • Posted

I don't know but you can call and ask a pharmacy.  They should definitely be able to tell you or suggest a good brand.

• Posted

Probiotics have done really well with me.  The dosage is very important and consistency.  20 billion or higher starting out then you can take lower dosage once you feel much better.  The pure aloe vera juice is great, but not the drink. 
  • Posted

I take Holland & Barratt Acidofillus 20 Billion Probiotic and have found it very good and have not had a flare up for a number of years.

I usually buy it when they have a penny sale as it is £18 for 60 tablets.

It was not a immediate effect but a gradual feeling of being better.

I also stay away of Seedsof any kind and avoid them like the plague.

• Posted

Boy do I wish I could say I haven't had a flare up for years so happy for you Don't know if I can get these probiotics in the U S but I will certainly try!

• Posted

Yes graham35530, 

The same thing here.  It takes time but I haven't had a flare up in years due to probiotics and aloe vera juice.  I encourage anyone on this site to try a good brand of probiotics because there is nothing like feeling better.

• Posted

I take Cultrelle extra strength 20 billion in the states.  But if you find the one they are mentioning please let us know.  I do not know if it is available in the US.  Thank you!
  • Posted

Which illness do you take the probiotics for?
    • Posted

Since my first flare of diverticulosis treated well by flagyl, i have had three positive uti specimens for e coli none responding to neurofentoin or amoxycillin.  Gp hasnt related the two but i think there is correlation, have you had any experience of this and do younthink the probiotics will help,bladder too?  Any other people with similar?
    • Posted

I take it for Diverticulitis Ann and I find it works for me plus I do not eat anything with seeds in it especially Tomatoes Strawberries etc as the body cannot digest seeds and they have to pass through the digestive system so you run the risk of one getting stuck some where and then you will have a flare up

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.