Probiotics

Posted , 9 users are following.

has anyone tried to make probiotic yogurt to help their symptoms?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

just be careful as live yohurts and fernented foods also cause gas

a fodmap diet is anti gas so be sure what it is you need to fix in stomoch bit if acid reflux i wouldnt rec anytjung feemented

• Posted

My GP suggested probiotics . Yogurt didn't make any difference but I now take max strength probiotic tablets (2 a day) and they have definitely helped a great deal.

Jan

• Posted

did u make the yogurt yourself? and how many CFUS are the probiotics you are on?

• Posted

i agree with that JAN I take simply supplenents probiotic capsule their strongest one and it has definitely helped my IBS

• Posted

What probiotic brand are you using. There seems to be so many out there.

• Posted

Hi Dylan, i would have sworn to using probiotics to help your gut. I have yogurt especially when i've had antibiotics because it puts a lining back on your stomach. Unless you have a lactose intolerance i would recommend taking them.

• Posted

i say it again just to help

i was taking live yog and kimchi and all sorts thinking to make my gut strong but after i realized it was causing more issues than helping as they are fermenting foods

if you have reflux you should not be eating yoghurt

• Posted

pro biotic caps - oregano oil - liqorich - ameno acid

twice daily - in four weeks my symptoms improved ten fold

plus fodmap diet

im living proof

• Posted

i have not tried making a probiotic yogurt. most yogurt has probiotics in it naturally. i started taking a 10 billion probiotic pill everyday. it seems to be helping a bit, but for the first few days it is very painful. i guess the sudden change in good bacteria in the gut is drastic and it made me quite sick. i would suggest just taking a probiotic pill, you can start with a low amount at 5 billion.

• Posted

Hey Dylan! Try consulting your doctor first before anything else. Probiotics, of course, are the best partners in improving your body's digestive function. Always be careful and speak to your doctor first!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.