Problem 8 weeks after surgery

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had my gallbladder removed 8 weeks ago. Really pleased with the result up until now. For the last 3 days have had severe pain ranging from chest to stomach area. At first thought it was something i ate. It got so bad i saw my GP today and he thinks maybe there could be a stone left behind and has referred me back to the surgeon. Also asked for blood test to check pancreas and liver. I feel really disappointed in this as ii was doing so well. Has anyone else had this problem. Surely if a stone had escaped i would have felt it before now. Jill

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jill

Sorry your suffering it does seem to be a common issue. Have you tried totally dairy free & free from foods, that's helping my daughter slightly at the moment.

The stone they might be on about is one in the bile duct & is not easily visible by many tests or scans so they often do it via the camera,.

Bless you hang in there x

• Posted

Hi Carol thanks for replying. No i haven't tried dairy free but it was after the first time i ate meat. Namely pork. I've since learnt pork and beef are best avoided to begin with. Doctor said it could take a few months to be able to eat normally. I think it may be my own fault. Hopefully it's not a stone. Will have to wait and see. Jill

• Posted

Hi Jill

its not your fault, honestly it seems to be trial and error but sadly the errors really hurt.

just take it slow, try the free from and apparently re introduce a few months later slowly once everything has settled down.

fingers crossed its not a stone, hot baths, hot pillows all help a little bit.

take it easy x

• Posted

Thanks again Carol. Doctor advised gaviscon after every meal and pain killers so i will also try dairy free too. Will let you know. May have to wait a while ad it's NHS. Jill

• Posted

Hi Carol. Long time in teplying but just to let you know I've found Aloe Vera really has helped with the problem of chest pain. Seeing the surgeon Monday just to make sure also eating smaller meals. Boring diet but seems to be working. Hopefully. Jill

• Posted

Hi Jill

I'm so pleased it's starting to calm down for you. It really is trial & error, we have also been told apples without skin & every thing else removed skin wise to ease the digesting .

Keep us posted

Kindest regards

Carol

• Posted

Hi jill

I had the same look at sphincter of oddi also known as SOD. Very rare but common for female patients after gallbladder removal. I had to change my diet to free from gluten wheat dairy also no pork I also looked at eating according to your blood type and it made a huge difference. Doctors miss out the dysphanction as they don't see it very often however it is painful and nothing they can do for it. Hope this helps.

Anca

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.