Problem after cataract surgery

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi! I had cataract surgery on my left eye 2 weeks ago. Was fitted with mono vision Alcon lens. Had 4 post-op visits and was told that everything is perfect. And it was. I had 20/20 vision in the operated eye on the forth day after the surgery. Tonight I was looking at the black street sign with with white lettering and noticed that I see second row of letters on the top of the original ones. I have no problems reading, watching TV or working on the computer. But seeing this second row of letters scared me. Did anybody experienced something like that? Please help!

0 likes, 38 replies

38 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Yesterday and today I went for my second and third post-op check-ups for my right eye that was operated on November 20th.

They checked my vision (20/20), eye pressure (normal) and checked the cornea.

The swelling went down and today I didn't need any shots, just glucose drops and apparatus treatment. Next check-up in a week.

Yesterday the doctor dilated my left eye (operated on October 25th) and did a full examination of the retina, macula, etc. Said that everything looks good.

As to ghosting issue, she said that the cornea is changing shape after the op and we should wait until both eyes settle.

• Posted

Hi! Have an question. Today is 30 days since I have the surgery on my left eye and 5 days since the surgery on my right eye. I have now 20/20 vision in both eyes. But the vision in the eye, that was operated first, is a little less sharp than in the eye that I just had surgery on. Is it normal?

Also, my left (old one) eye sometimes twitches. Feels like muscles are contracting a bit. I thought that by now (30 days since surgery) everything should be settled. Did anyone have this kind of problem?

Any response would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Adele

• Posted

Hi! It's been almost 2 months since my first surgery and exactly 3 weeks since the second one.

So far so good. No major complaints.

Just one thing that bothers me. In my right eye, that was operated last, when I am looking down, I am seeing lashes on my upper lid. It's not the floater because the image moves with the lid's movement. Very strange.

Did anybody have something like that after the surgery?

Thanks,

Adele

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.