Problem after Lasik Surgery

Posted , 3 users are following.

Respected Sir / Madam,

I have undergone Lasik Surgery about 10 months back and now I have few problems.

My Eye number were:

Right Eye: -8 and cylindrical 2

Left Eye: -6 and Cylindrical 1

After surgery my vision was restored i.e I could clearly see all things quite clearly without my specs. But the vision in my Right Eye soon started to blur. And the situation is like I can hardly make out things with my Left Eye closed.

I contacted my surgeon, but he said it will heal gradually.

Can you please help me out on this ?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

What country did you have this procedure in?

After 10 months, I think you need to return to the surgeon and ask him to define 'gradually'

• Posted

Surgery was done in Mumbai, India.

Is it natural to get the vision blur after surgery ?

If not, is there any process to heal it or something ?

• Posted

Was this done to correct short sightedness?

I know of the wife of one of my colleagues here in the UK, who had this procedure and, as a result, developed a cataract, which then had to be dealt with, so she ended up having to wear glasses, which was what she was trying to eliminate.

I don't know the health system in India but I think you may well need to see an Ophthalmologist in your Health Service because you don't appear to be getting anywhere with the Lasik people.

In the UK, we would go to our GP, who would then refer us to the hospital eye clinic, where we would be seen by an Ophthalmologist and it would go on from there.  Do you have a similar system in India?

• Posted

Nope we don't have any such system in India.

I directly went to the surgeon, he had some test done on me and then advised me to go for Lasik Surgery since my Cornea was weak or else I would be recommended the simple Laser surgery.

The Surgery was done to correct the far sightedness and not short sightedness.

Is it possible that the eye number might come back after surgery ?

• Posted

I think that your sight should have returned to normal after 10 months and you need to return to the Ophthalmologist and ask him to explain what has happened.

• Posted

It's not normal, it should set after around a month. You should see your surgeon

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.