problem sleeping

Posted , 6 users are following.

does anybody has this kind of symptoms too i always have problem sleeping for 4 years now on and off since starting irregular periods the fast 2 years my periods come every 2 months for 2 years and one time i didnt bleed for 3 months and then i bleed for almost 3 weeks really heavy bleeding and then disnt bleed again for 3 months and bleed for a week not heavy and the last menstruation i had is just a spotting for few days and thats it and now its been almost 7 months now no menstruation and i can stand the hot flashes the mood swings and the more symptoms the not sleeping good is killing me i have anxiety attack from not sleeping enough omg

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

So far I'm ok with sleeping but I would see a doctor about that no sleep can be torture

• Posted

yes it is when everybody in the house sleeping and worst my husband snooring
  • Posted

A magnesium supplement is said to have a calming effect on the body. Helps with restless legs. And passionflower can help with mild anxiety and stress. Passionflower can cause drowsiness, so I take both before bed and I have been sleeping better. (Both were suggested in these forums. thank you ladies)

Hope you find something to help you Janita

• Posted

i went to walk in clinic last tuesday and doc. gave me black.cohosh i hope this work ..i will try magnesiummsupplement thanks

• Posted

I was sort of not sleeping for a while. I mean I would fall asleep but only for short intervals, then when I did fall asleep it wasn't good deep sleep. My doctor at the time prescribed Trazodone, which is an antidepressant/sleep aid. It helped my mood and helped me sleep some. That was three years ago, but I've noticed since I have added 400mg of magnesium and started putting tumeric(it's an anti inflammatory and it has really helped my achy joints, but after some research I also found it helps with anxiety)in my food, I've been sleeping sooooo much better. I dont' know if it's the tumeric and the magnesium or if it was just one of those symptoms that just went away(menopause symptoms seem to come and go). But since I have been sleeping I only have to take my anxiety meds once or twice a week. But talk to your doctor, he/she may be able to help you if natural remedies don't do the trick.

• Posted

I'm new, I sweat all night. Just stopped my period about 3 months ago. I'm 58 almost 59. I was wondering when I would start menopause. It's official now.

• Posted

If I was you id go get some HRT, its reduced my sweats over 90% in just a couple of months.. Its fantastic to be able to sit in the sun without melting , or put a little makeup on and see it remain in place .

good luck through this hell on earth...

​take care carol

• Posted

oh mine start early i had my symptoms when i was 40 my periods is every month but longer and shorter interval everymonth and the of course problem sleeping and then after 4 years its skip one and 2month and then slowly 4 months heavy for 3 weeks and then missed 3 months and then bleed for a week not heavy and the last time i had periods is maybe 6months just spotting and here i am im 47 and symptoms went worst this fast few months mood swing depression worst is sleeping problem its 5 am.here now and im wide awake
  • Posted

Hi Janitia

?I have been having major sleep problems for many years now, Until recently I always thought my lack of sleep was due to health problem's which were worsening, I also believed my weight gain was because of health problems and I again learnt it is connected to not sleeping during Menopause. Now that im on HRT, I am hoping my sleeping will become less of an issue and the diets ive sought out and had no luck with will now allow me to get back my old body shape, always being slim its been a shock to now being extremely overweight I cannot wait till this starts to reduce.

• Posted

i was taking lorazapam and trazadone to before i had really bad insomia too that time after taking it for a year i developed tolerance so doctor didnt gave me anymore and for a while my sleep went back to normal but like everymonth i have few nights of sleep problem but lately symptoms get worsen i had this hot fllashes just recently and anxiety attack and worst bec everytime i tried to close my eyes my anxiety start

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.