Problem with Gas/Wind

Posted , 7 users are following.

I was diagnosed with BPH and put on Alpha blockers which work fine. Recently however I wake in the morning with pressure in my lower gut just above the pubic bone that causes considerable pain and tends to restrict flow until I pass gas, that done the pain goes and flow is back to normal. Has anyone else had a problem with this??.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Maybe more experienced guys on this thread can comment on their experience with constipation (or indigestion) and what impact that might have on the bladder and its size.

Too, did your urologist do an ultrasound over your bladder to show how much retention you have after p*****g? You'd be surprised. And if there is a lot of urine remaining you might need to do something more than meds to open up your flow and cut back retention. But this is something to talk about with him or her.

• Posted

Yes. Gas and/or constipation, can contribute to BPH symptoms, and vice versa. Try to control them with good eating and drinking habits, as well some OTC supplements. Hank

• Posted

I have had severe cramping in the intestinal area while on Rapaflo . I switched to Alfluzosin and don't have that problem. It's unfortunate because Rapaflo works better for me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.