Problem with puberty

Posted , 3 users are following.

Ok so I'm 16 going on 17 in December. I'm having problems with puberty and very worried. My voice has gotten deeper I have an atoms apple my chin hairs is coming in and my mustasch is slightly coming in also. Now what is really worrying me is my height and penis size I'm 5'6 in height and I haven't really grown in height and in penis size probably only just a little bit. Will i hit a growth spurt at 17 or 18 i had went to the docter too and she said I haven't even hit my growth spurt yet but I don't believe her.

2 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Puberty can be a long process, it can take up to 5 years to fully complete.

Your growth spurt can come at any stage during puberty, normally towards the end. I did not get my growth spurt until I was 19. I went from being the shortest guy in my final year at school to reaching just over 6 feet.

It sounds like puberty has started, which is the main thing. The key point is testicular size, if you have noticed your testicles are growing in size then you can be sure puberty has started. 

I can understand your desire for everything to grow quickly, both in height and size, but sometimes it just takes time. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.