Problem with spotting months after sacrospinous hysteropexy

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi just wondering if anyone has had the same problem as myself. I had A&P repair and sacrospinous hysteropexy (all done vaginally) approx 9 months ago and everything went well and recovery was pretty straightforward however, every month for about 5 days before my period I have spotting that is coming from an area at the top of my vagina where it meets my cervix. It's like in the very left corner of the Y. It's a small area that is a bit tender about the size of a penny and it's red to look at and I can see a small collection of pinky/red blood there each month that causes spotting when I wipe. I only had my operation check up in a January and the stand in doctor that day said everything looked good and the repair was holding well so I think if it was anything sinister she may have mentioned it. I'm worried it's some sort of erosion.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Because it happens regularly before your period suggests it isn't related to your repair but something hormonal. 

• Posted

Think I'd agree with Jan999 but if unsure go see your GP  and get referred back to your surgeon

• Posted

Hi liz,

Glad to hear that your check up went well and all is good.

I had my A@P repair almost a year ago, and since have been checked twice. Everything fine both times, but I also had a very red tender spot high UK inside the vagina at the vault; but she said that was to be expected, that was a few months ago.

I was initially concerned that was getting pain from that area deep inside inner passage. After a long shift on my feet (thinking I was ok) followed by a period of sitting I would get up to walk and be stopped in my tracks with a terrible pain. It took days to get over it. It was similar to the type of pain I get in my feet when my ligaments have tightened up ( had problems with collapsed in steps and flares up now and again) so assume it has to do with overstretching scar tissue which then stiffens up.

The pain at top of vault seems to have settled down, but don't spend more than a couple if hours on my feet at work and avoiding running around.

Today was first time in ages that had bad pain again; I have been trying to build up time on my feet again and went for walk, was put for three hours didn't mean to be out for so long and did sit for half hour with coffee. But being on my own today picked up the pace and was just too much.

So frustrating! Got my feet up now. Pity I can't just cover that area in topical ibrophroben gel.

Anyway thought that pain your getting sounds similar to the vault pain that I had which I have not had for a while so it may sort itself. Was wondering how on earth you can see that far inside?

Anyway hope this helps, take care,

Phyl x💕

• Posted

Thanks ladies. I think I'll monitor it for the next couple of months and see what happens. It is a bit stingy and I never had it before the op.

• Posted

My scar tissue can be stingy, had it at lower front and back edges around vagina entrance, I am currently using topical estriol which thickens up the tissues and seems to help relieve that stingy feeling.

X

• Posted

Hi again Phyl. I thought that cream was just for problems with dryness I don't have that problem there's not a great amount of information about anything re prolapse operations it's awful. I'm 45 and haven't developed menopause symptoms yet. Actually feeling quite sorry for myself as just want to be "normal" like the rest of my friends my age. Just gave my partner an awful evening just because some leggy attractive woman started in his work and I'm feeling so insecure with myself 😢

• Posted

The estriol cream is mainly for thining walls (atrophy I think it's called) usually due to menopause; I asked GP for it as scar tissue was thin and tight and it has made a difference.

Phyl ?

• Posted

Phyl thanks for that reply it was great. I've got a compact mirror that's got a wee magnifying side on it so I can see right up the top and can even see where the repair has been done at the top. I do obviously have to hold everything open a bit but I can still see all the scars etc from the incisions on both sides of the vaginal wall as well .Theres also a few extra lumps and bits of loose skin that I think should've been trimmed inside as well but it's not causing any pain or problems so will just leave it. I do a lot of standing at work as well but it doesn't cause me any bother with the repair but if I walk over a mile my buttock is in agony.

• Posted

Know what you mean, I don't get any problem from initial repair either ( as in no prolapsing again or any bulging at all now), but I do get an achy pain like dull toothache in lower back of pelvic floor ( usually starts when been rushing about on my feet for 2 or 3 hours, which consultant said was back pain and nothing to do with repair; still waiting for physio appointment for that. Anyway didn't get any lower back pain today after 3 hour walk.

It's not an easy recovery when working on your feet.

Take care and rest when you can the deep tissues can take a year or more to recover.

Phyl x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.