Problem with walking

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello, I've been I'll for about 3 yrs, I've got fibromyalgia, asthma, was vit d deficiency, I'm on a lot of meds, 3300mg of gabapentin and 80 mg of morphine a day, some days I just can't walk, I literally walk 20 steps and have to sit or crouch down, I just want to know what's wrong and why can't I walk far

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Are you eating a well balanced diet and taking steps to stay in shape. Try protien shakes they help,with energy. But if your legs are giving way that’s another issue. Sometime low in iron is a big problem with weakness low vit B, B complex and minerals.  ask your doctor to do bood work to help identify the symptoms your having. It could also be a neurological weakness that only a doctor can determine. Your best bet would be to go see a professional your doctor to help sort this out for you. Wishing  you well .
  • Posted

Could be so many things! With me it is a combination of osteoporosis, disc degeneration, scoliosis and lumbar issue probably coming off a nerve from one of the discs. 

Fibro causes pain and my son has that at the moment. He feels that even when driving.

Your bloods may turn up a marker to help you solve this.

all the best.

• Posted

Sadly there are so many conditions that make walking a major problem. Leading up to the 2916 election I was playing doubles tennis 3 times a week. Then somehow my quadraceps would not respond and gave lots of pain if I kept on. I finally went to my GP and the X-ray he ordered showed all my cartilage gone from right hip joint. Even at age 86 he said I could get a hip replacement. But I evaluated my conditions and could not do it with heart disease (now heart failure) as well as kidney disease and osteoarthritis making a spinal anasthetic impossible. The dangers for me having a general weretoo great. So I’m left with the bone on bone pain making walking a trial. I use Tramadol and Tylenol once or twice a day plus some Gabapentin. I am still looking for another solution.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.