Problems adapting to my Zeiss LISA trifocal IOL's

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hi,

I recently had dual IOL's. My first operation was on the 9th May 2018, the other on the 16th.

The first worked at distance as well as my glasses the following day, but even now, almost a month later, I have no close or intermediate clarity with it.

The second, unfortunately started working with near vision first, which has proven quite distracting when trying to view anything at distance. It feels like I'm wearing glasses with a lens missing. Somewhat bizarrely the same isn't felt when reading, despite having no close or middle range clarity with it.

Now my surgeon assured me there's a period of "neuroadaptivity", which can vary from patient to patient, with time being a factor also, but I'm aware there appears to be absolutely no improvement in either eye.

I guess I wanted to hear if anyone else has had similar problems, did it rectify itself with time, how long did it take, or did it require another operation?

I appreciate that I might be expecting too much too soon, but this is my vision after all, and I feel being a little concerned is entirely normal. 

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

1 like, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi

Can you give us an update Julian as to how it all has turned out with the Lisa Tri?

• Edited

Have you tried the drops that constrict your pupils to see if the problem is that your pupils are dilating beyond the edge of the IOL? I'm now wondering if I may be having that problem at night.

• Posted

Oops, just realized I posted this in the wrong thread. Sorry.

• Posted

what drops have you used pls as i cant even drive at night

• Edited

Hello,

I note your post regarding the Carl Zeiss trifocal IOL implants was three years ago. How are your eyes now? I hope your vision is better.

I have been recommended these lenses, but understand there are also issues with trifocal lenses.

Do you recommend them from your own personal experience?

Would appreciate feedback from people who have actually had the dual procedure done.

Thanks.

• Posted

Hello, I would not recommed Zeiss trifocal as i certainly regret this decision and do think there is an issue with these lenses as its certainly not just in my head

• Posted

The AT LISA is a joy destroyer. My surgery was five months ago. The dysphotopsia hasn't decreased. I regret getting this lens in my eye every single day.

• Edited

To be fair, my vision is very good. It is the light show that is disheartening. I would choose reading glasses over dysphotopsia.

• Posted

HI

sadly, i recently had ZEiss trifocal lens too, 6 months on still struggling as my right eye has hardly any intermediate to distance vision issues i cant see my monitor wither and my work s effected. the surgeons says the issues are in my head!!!!!!! sadly cant change my head and neither was this a risk advised me before the operation. Sadly, i don't know what i can do next other than share my-story and warn others who may be thinking of this type of lens exchange

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.