Problems after cataract surgery,

Posted , 1 user is following.

Had first cataract done 18 months ago and all is well with that. Had second one done 2 months ago and initially all was OK.

After post op checkup, optician said everything was OK and my distance vision was perfect. however over last week or so vision has deteriorated. slightly blurred, but main concern is that when I close and reopen the eye I see an image which at first actually looks like an eye I.e a small black circle with a lighter surround.

After a few seconds the image goes away but leaves a sort of reddish grey shadow in its place. this also disappears after a few seconds.

anyone experienced anything like this?

I suppose I should go back to the optician, but there seems to be long waiting times for appointments at the moment.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.