Problems after cystoscopy

Posted , 1 user is following.

Three days ago underwent cystoscopy. I did it twice a few years back, the first time I needed antibiotics, other than the burning effect in the first 2 days during pee, all were good.

This time, the burning stopped after the 1st day. But constant urgency to go, peeing is difficult, have to push hard (feel like some kind of blockage at the top of the urethra), only droplets come out. I relaxed a few minutes for the 2nd void which has better stream but still not much. I did ask doctor for antibiotics just in case; he said "you will know when you need it". I took the antibiotics on the 2nd night, still has 1 more day supply, the amount is only for 3 days. Although, there is improvement, the problems remain - urgency every 30 -45mins (didn't get much sleep), 1st void is droplets, 2nd void better but not enough to empty the bladder.

Did the procedure damage something inside? I have bph with enlarged median lobe which has been getting worst. May be the worsen bph is causing the grieve? urologist is off on weekend, I will visit the family doctor if symptoms do not improve tonight.

Anyone had these symptoms?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.