Problems after gallbladder surgery.

Posted , 6 users are following.

I had my gallbladder out in October, I was fine for 6 months no pain no problems. Well for over a month now I have had nothing but problems and it’s causing me anxiety ☹️

I have been getting pain where gallbladder use to be and having yellow stools if I eat something that doesn’t agree with me! Not only that now I started to get pain under my lower left rib and I can feel rumbling. 

I have been to the hospital and they did blood,urine,and ct scan all came back normal! I went to my Gi doctor 2 weeks ago and I have to have a endoscopy done next week. I am taking protonix and bentyl but nothing seems to work with me. Oh and I have been drinking pepto a lot. My chest is on fire sometimes and my stomach! I am just really really scared it’s pancreatitis because stupid me has been reading stuff on google and it has me having anxiety attacks! Please if anybody has been thru this tell me what you think it is!!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

did you remove gallbladder for stones or low function? what were your symptoms before gallbladder surgery ?
    • Posted

I had gallbladder sludge and pain. 

I was having trouble eating because of the pain. After the surgery I was 💯 better for 6 months and now I’m having problems ??

• Posted

Sounds a lot like gastritis? I took omeprazole for a month for that then took it when on ibuprofen as well as it irritates my stomach. Maybe worth trying it? Not sure if it’s worth waiting until after the endoscopy first though xx
    • Posted

I am on protonix 2 times a day and I drinking pepto bismol. It’s not really helping me☹️ I also feel like it’s gas pain.

It’s like one day it’s under my right ribs and then the next day it’s under my left it driving me crazy☹️ My anxiety is going crazy because all I read it pancreatitis and I’m terrified 

• Posted

Stop pepto it's giving you the heart burn.and I'm having the same problems with the stool my doctor said it's normal for people that had their gallbladder removed cause I asked her the same question

• Posted

I had my gallbladder out 15 years ago and had the pain you describe off and on  since that time.   However, a month ago the pain was so bad, I thought I was having a heart attack!   The gastro  doctor did a scope down my throat and removed 50 cc's of BILE from my stomach...that is a LOT!   He explained that when gallbladder is gone, bile "drips" into your stomach and if you can't get rid of it, can cause extreme pain.   I had been trying the Keto diet, which is high fat, and obviously, it got me into lots of trouble...I lost weight but it wasn't worth the pain i experienced.   I should have known better.   Long story short, he gave me omerprazole 40 mg, which is a time-released drug that helps heal the inflammation caused by the bile.   I would NEVER have believed bile in your stomach could cause pain that felt like a heart attack, but when I woke up from the scope, I felt 100 percent better than when they put me to sleep.   Good luck to you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.