Problems after minor operation

Posted , 2 users are following.

Had anyone had problems after operations.

I had carpul tunnel release surgery 5 weeks ago and an still in pain with it and it is still healing, my fist has now become swollen and doctor has now said that I might have nerve damaged or problems with dysautonomia over the operation. I have less movement in the hand now than I had two weeks after and doctor told me it would be two weeks recovery.

I still can't move or use the palm of my hand.

Does anyone know if the slow recovery is due to dysautonomia

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Sorry for you dilemma Kim. I have had Carpal tunnel surgery on my right wrist and the recovery time was 8 weeks with intensive rehab. I had the surgery done on my left wrist twice and the same recovery time. My left hand still doesn't work right and due to arthritis and inflammation, I can not close either hand tight. I do have dysautonomia but I blame my hands on old age. What are you doing for therapy? i used vitamin E oil to massage the scar and it is important to break up the scar tissue otherwise it will impede the nerve impulses in your hand. They also used antibiotic whirlpool baths and fluto therapy on my hands.

Good luck, Ken

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.