Problems falling asleep then waking up

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi everyone, My husband has been having some issues when falling asleep this has been going on for a while.

Years ago he used to wake up like a night terror and would freak out and not really know where he was at but it would pass quickly and then he'd fall back asleep fine.

The last couple of years every time he starts to fall asleep he wakes up In a panic and feels really sick to the point where he'll tell me to call 911, and then he says that it's hard to breathe and he just feels really sick to the piint he says he feels like hes going to die

it used to seem to only happen the first time he tries falling asleep and then he has the episode and then he would fall asleep and sleep fine rest of night. but lately it has been non-stop throughout the night literally every time he falls asleep this happens so neither of us are getting any sleep.

He has seen the sleep study doctor and they said maybe mild sleep apnea however he has done two sleep studies and he can never fall asleep during them so he never has been able to do that successfully. They have given him a BiPAP machine but he has been unable to use that he's tried on two different occasions two different years and he is just not able to use that. He has barely slept because hes afraid to fall asleep. i watch his o2 for him and its usually good during these episodes, sometimes maybe going down to 90 but doesnt stay there goes right back up hut he doesnt neccessarily have an episode at that time.

has anyone experienced something like this? we are both stugglng and work with no sleep.

thank you

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.