Problems on lifting shoulder: Bandgae / Taping support ideas

Posted , 4 users are following.

If I lift my shoulder it hurts a bit in the forearm especially if I keep it lifted.  I want to provide it with support for a bit so it can calm down.  Any ideas

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

h I didnt mean forearm I mean the bit between elbow and shoulder

• Posted

I would suggest icing and rest. Don't quit using it, but take it easy for a while...hope that helps...if it gets worse, see an ortho...

• Posted

Lotsofpain,

I had a recent episode with my shoulder and went to the Emergency Room and they gave me med's for pain and told me to do ice packs at least 3 times a day and when the pain wasn't so bad do heat and let arm hang down and let arm act like the ball on a grandfather clock in a swinging motion, and that would help with movement. I think it helped me a lot. I hope everything goes alright with you and keep us updated and let us know how yor are doing.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.