Problems peeing after catheter removed

Posted , 3 users are following.

Twice recently I have had a catheter removed. Both times I peed fine at first and then it got less and less. I ended up having to self-catheterize, which i hate and eventually putting the catheter back in. Have anyone else similar problems. My urologist seems to have no idea what the cause is. You would think with time things would get better not worse.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Maybe your bladder is in spasm?? Or maybe enlarged prostate??

Self catheterisation isn’t very nice at all. Very invasive. I’ve been doing it for 4 years.  Best talk to your gp. 

Good luck. 

• Posted

I do have some enlargement of the prostate and take m edicine to help me pee.

My bladder is not spastic. I just  cant understand why I pee fine for several days and then it gets worse until I virtually only dribble. Why doesit get worse rather than improve, I do not know why the prostate would enlarge more. There is not much sign of constriction in self-catheterization. I cant imagine doing self cath for four years but it might be better than having a catheter.  cheers ken

• Posted

Hi ken10405, I was following a discussion on an other forum, this was in regards to self catheterisation, which I'm using my self. I would ask your question to a Urologist nurse ( debbi0140 ) she seems to be very knowledgeable and very helpful. I am new to the forum and I will try to ask her concerns about my self. Good look.

• Posted

thanks for the lead.  i will see if i can contact her

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.