Problems swallowing

Posted , 3 users are following.

Does anyone find swallowing more difficult on a night time. I feel sometimes I maybe panic because I feel like I can’t swallow at all 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

your having anxiety, it's very scary , I have acid reflux and when I'm having heartburn it will kick in worst at night , than I panic , and make,it more painful. sometimes it's better to lay down and do a circle motion message from your in your throat area and work all the way down . I feel that when I do that with warn hands, it help.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply Brenda. I’ve never had anxiety before but you could be right. I have an endoscopy booked for a week on Tuesday although I’m absolutely dreading it guess I should get some answers 
    • Posted

dont be scared shelly I get rhem all the time , your in and out in 10 mins , you don't feel anything , when I get mine done they always stretch my throat area , , you do intend to have more swallowing at night laying flat with Costco, praying for you shelley

• Posted

Thank you Brenda for your kind words ?? I will let you know how I get on. Also had my first ever migraine over the weekend not sure if it’s all connected 🤔

• Posted

HI Shelley. Yes i feel this as well at times. I'm not sure if its a combination of anxiety and Costro, but it is a frustrating feeling. I will take several attempts and remain calm and eventually I can swallow just fine. Hang in there. We are all in this together!!!  smile

• Posted

Hi grace. Thank you yes it can take me 4 to 6 attempts until I can swallow 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.