problems with eyes for 4 years

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all, so my problem is that I love gaming but i get dry eyes fast and my eyesight I would say isn't "clean" and sometimes when I'm looking in long distance I see dots in the picture I see.

Interesting when im not wearing glases I dont get dry eyes also when i'm playing games with sun glasses my eyes in most cases dont get dry.

I have very sensitive eyes when looking at wet surfaces when sun is reflecting from them, intersting I can look at snow all winter long with no problems.

I have feeling that there is something wrong with my glasses or eyes or both? I tried to solve the problem by setting my computer screen to 0 (min.) and contrast to 100 (max.) and it was a bit better but not as I expected. I tried playing with sun glasses and in some cases it got better in some cases it got worse (depending on game). 

Also white colour from websites, word etc. is too much even with brightness set on 0.

Please tell me what I am doing wrong, what can I do to save my eyes? I know this can't go on that way.

(sorry for my bad english)

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi,does sound like dry eyes. Maybe also floaters too. Sometimes dry eye requires more then drops,and then you have to find the right drop for your eyes. Sometimes compresses,lid scrubs even antibiotics and steroids are needed. Look up mgd which is the clogging of the glands in your eye lids. Not your tear ducts. This is one of the most underdiagnosed causes of dry eye which i unfortunately have. Dry eye often causes light sensitivity and blurred vision. Probably should go to an optomotrist and be checked for dry eye. Ask them to also examine your lids not just do a tear break up test. Xx
    • Posted

By the way mgd is like the main caus of dry eye. Took me awhile to find a doc to diagnose,hopefully this gives you a head start.
    • Posted

Hi Lee. What is mgd?

That glogging of the glands in the upper lids sounds like blepharitis, which could be part of your problem, Klemen. It is easily cured with a little treatment.

But I would see an eye doctor since this sensitivty to reflected light and other things seem unusual, and it concerns you so much. That's what those eye doctors are there for...!

Best of luck!

• Posted

Meiobiam gland disfunction. Aka posterior (inner lid)blepharitis. Mot easily treated and pretty much for life. Anyone who needs info google mgd eye.Xx
    • Posted

Also for mgd sensitivity to light is very common. Glands line your upper and lower lids. The tearfilm has 3 layers. This is where the third layer comes from. The lipid layer. If any of the three.. mucin,acqueous or lupid is even a slight bit out of wack. Symptoms.Xx
    • Posted

I meant lipid. Loads of info on the internet.
    • Posted

Made the mistake of trying to correct my typos.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.