Problems with my Granuloma Annulare

Posted , 2 users are following.

My GA started a year ago on my right lower calf of my leg, I only had a place the size of a quarter but it was very painful an itched something terrible,  I couldn’t get into see my Dermatologist before it healed over so I let it go, then a few months go by an my left lower leg started hurting really bad out of no where an knots appeared for a few weeks then a rash followed, I finally saw a Dermatologist had some biopsies done an they told me it was GA, but that it shouldn’t hurt or itch, none of the medications have helped, but now I know when mine is about to rear it’s ugly head because my left lower leg hurts so bad I can’t hardly touch it let alone put a sock on, they continue to tell me it’s not the GA, is anyone else experiencing anything like this?

I also started a sleeve of tattoos on my right arm over the summer an to me it looked like the GA moved to the upper area, I had the same symptoms rash an severe itching but a biopsy said I was allergic to the ink, I’m not buying that either because if that was the case then my whole arm would’ve been broke out because he used the same ink all over, this GA makes no sense to me an I want to know if anyone else has experienced any of this with there GA I was told to get a second opinion from another Derm is it worth my time? Thanks Ranee 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Nay Nay I also have GA confirmed with a biopsy.   Mine is painful and itches.  I did some of my own research and there are different types of GA and unfortunately what I have itches.. you may want to do some research on your own.  My doctor gave me shot of steroids to help the itching.  I have discovered that I have a problem when I eat certain foods like dairy,  gluten and sugar.   I can have small amount once in awhile.  
    • Posted

Thank you Ann I had no idea there was different types, I been doing research but have come across anything new I will keep looking thank you 
    • Posted

Hi Nay Nay have you looked up Generalized Granuloma ?? That is what I have ,   It’s all over my body and itches and is painful at times .  Generalized is not as common.  Hope this helps

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.